On September 29, the Southwest Headquarters of Fosun Group, China's largest comprehensive private enterprise group, was officially launched in Chongqing. On the same day, Fosun Group related industries signed a strategic cooperation agreement with the Chongqing Municipal Government.
Chairman Guo Guangchang personally attended the launching ceremony. The highest-level leader from Chongqing who attended this event was Tang Liangzhi, deputy secretary of the Municipal Party Committee.
Fosun Group's global headquarters is located in Shanghai, with a Beijing regional headquarters in China, and is planning to build a southern headquarters in Guangzhou. The establishment of the Southwest Headquarters in Chongqing is undoubtedly an important step in the development of the western region.
Fosun Southwest Headquarters is located in the Chongqing Pilot Free Trade Zone. Fosun will integrate its advantageous resources and increase its funding, technology and brand support for the projects in the strategic cooperation framework agreement, and project resources will be tilted towards the Chongqing area.
Fosun entered Chongqing around 2002. Up to now, Fosun Group and its invested companies have invested in fields such as health, finance, raw materials and real estate in Chongqing, with a total investment of more than RMB 10 billion.
The investment and operation results are sufficient to explain the correctness of entering the Chongqing market.
In the pharmaceutical sector:
1. Around 2001, the company held a controlling stake in Chongqing Pharmaceutical Industry Research Institute. The research institute was established in 1950. In 2001, as a unit of the first batch of scientific research institutes in Chongqing, Fosun Pharma and Chongqing Pharmaceutical (Group) Co., Ltd. jointly established Chongqing Pharmaceutical Industry Research Institute Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as " Chongqing Medical Engineering Institute"). It is now one of the well-known drug research and development bases in China.
2. In June 2002, Fosun Industrial invested 69 million yuan and became the largest shareholder of Chongqing Yaoyou with 51% of the shares.
Chongqing Yaoyou is a well-known pharmaceutical company in Southwest China. Its core product, Atomolan, is still one of Fosun Pharma’s important profitable products. In 2004, Guo Guangchang said in an interview with Chongqing media, “These two projects are developing very well in Chongqing, and the annual sales and profits of Yaoyou have increased by more than 50%.”
3. Chongqing Fuchuang Pharmaceutical Research Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the research and development of small molecule innovative drugs. It was founded in 2009 led by overseas scientists selected in the "National Thousand Talents Program".
Investment shareholders include Fosun Pharma, Jiangsu Wanbang Biochemical and Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Chongqing Pharmaceutical Industry Research Institute, etc. The company is headquartered in Chongqing, China, and has two wholly-owned subsidiaries (research laboratories) in Shanghai, China and San Francisco, USA, thus forming a unique international layout of "two countries and three places", and implementing 24-hour continuous scientific research .
4. On July 30, 2015, Fosun Pharma announced that it would increase capital in Chongqing Medical Stock, a shareholder of Chongqing Yaoyou, a subsidiary, and subscribe for 13.5 million shares of Chongqing Medical Stock, accounting for approximately 2.95% of the total share capital. Involved 203 million yuan. Chongqing Medical Stock is the largest pharmaceutical group in Southwest China, integrating drug research and development, manufacturing, distribution and retail.
5. In 2016, participated in the major asset restructuring of Jianfeng Chemical. As an existing shareholder of Chongqing Medical Stocks, Fosun Pharma and its controlling subsidiary Guilin Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. intend to participate in the major asset restructuring of Jianfeng Chemical with a total of 13.717 million Chongqing Medical Stocks. Jianfeng Chemical plans to issue shares in a non-public manner. As consideration for the transfer of the underlying assets. This reorganization is currently underway
real estate sector
Forte Group, a subsidiary of Fosun Group, entered Chongqing in about 2005. The development of real estate includes Forte Shangcheng, Fucheng International to Forte·Mountain and City, Forte·Huayu City and so on.
In 2013, it spent 700 million to acquire about 14 acres of golden land next to Luohan Temple in Yuzhong District, and will build a new commercial project forte and financial center. The project is still under construction.
After years of investment and acquisitions, Fosun is dividing its assets into three sectors: "health, happiness, and prosperity". The strategic cooperation with the Chongqing government also revolves around this strategy.
It is understood that in the future in the field of general health, Fosun Group will introduce international advanced equipment and technology and international medical resources in Chongqing, invest in the development of large health industry projects, promote the accelerated development of Chongqing large health industry, and improve Chongqing's medical and health service standards;
In the field of transportation infrastructure construction, Fosun Group will combine existing transportation infrastructure construction experience and resources, logistics industry resources, etc., to help Chongqing become a western transportation hub;
In the field of science, technology and education, Fosun Group relies on innovative scientific research and international education resources to help Chongqing build a western innovation center and enhance the internationalization of Chongqing's education;
In the field of cultural, sports and tourism industry, Fosun Group will rely on Chongqing's existing tourism resources to introduce world-class tourism products suitable for the reality of Chongqing.
Hainajun noticed that in October 2016, senior executives of Starview Capital, a professional PPP project fund management company under Fosun Group, visited the Municipal Development and Reform Commission, the Bureau of Finance, the Urban and Rural Construction Commission, Yufu Group, and the Urban Investment Group in two days. , Jiaotong Development Investment Group and other Chongqing PPP project authorities and main implementing agencies, and conducted in-depth discussions and exchanges on some of the projects and implementing agencies in the fields of infrastructure construction, urban construction, environmental protection, energy, etc. that they are interested in.